- Manage the projects through all relevant stages of the project lifecycle.
- Produce and communicate clear progress reports for all projects
- Produce documentation
- Briefs, Project Initiation Documents, Project Plans, Change Requests, Project Closure Reports
- Manage risk and issues and escalate as and when necessary
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures governing Infrastructure Delivery Projects.
- Assess and monitor project resource demands to identify all areas where resource issues may exist and address them with the relevant stakeholders.
- Advise and influence internal / external parties at senior management level.
- Ensure that contracts and negotiations with both internal and external suppliers are always aimed at meeting Sky's business needs and providing a value for money service in terms of standards, quality, efficiency, safety, performance and cost effectiveness.
- Be accountable for managing the quality of service provided by the department to the Business Unit customers.
- Forecast and set budget requirements for Projects and ensure effective utilisation of available resources within budget provision.
- Vet and understand the solutions provided by 3rd parties.
- Project Management and associated methods and tools.
- In-depth knowledge of full systems lifecycle.
- Broad Technical knowledge and detailed experience in medium to large scale Infrastructure Projects
- Broad business knowledge including commercial, financial awareness.
- Previous experience of customer and supplier relationship management relevant to IT, particularly including management of negotiations
- IT Infrastructure Project Management - managing delivery through all stages of the lifecycle (Initiation, Analysis, Design, Build and Implementation).
- Planning and Control skills, using recognised Project management tools.
- Stakeholder mangement
- Risk Management.
- People Management - particularly managing people without direct authority.
- Communication skills - credible with senior management, good at conflict resolution.