This job is no longer available
Morgan Hunt, a leading Public Sector Recruiter are working with a large East London Local Authority to recruit for an experienced Executive/Project Support Officer on a temporary basis which is initially expected to last until the end of the financial year. It is expected the role with be extended further and the role is to start ASAP.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing support to 5 Assistant Directors within the Local Authorities Children and Young People's Service. This position requires candidates with previous experience as an Executive Support Officer and not only Personal Assistant experience.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Maintain schedules and organise calenders
- Take lead responsibility for specified areas of management including providing analysis of related activity trends e.g. sickness reporting and appraisal collation
- Liaise with senior local and central government officers, community representatives and private organisations
- Create and manage systems for the effective dissemination of information
- Manage the workflow of correspondence and requests for information
- Assist in the preparation of briefing notes and draft responses to correspondence
- Handle complaints and freedom of information requests
- Lead projects related to the directorate
Candidates will need to meet the following person specification:
- Experience working in a public service (ideally children services)
- Significant experience working at a senior administration level in a challenging environment
- Experience implementing business processes to ensure successful service delivery
- Experience of performance management systems and project management principles
- Ability to assimilate large volumes of information
- Ability to present complex data and information in a clear and transparent manner
- High level of IT proficiency
If you would like to know more about this role or be considered please send your CV though to us ASAP via this advert.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer.