This job is no longer available
Microsoft Systems Administrator - 45-50k + on call allowanceZone 2
Do you want to bring your Sys Admin skills to the exciting world of Broadcast Media, then read on!
Due to expansion a leading Broadcast Organisation is now looking for a Microsoft Systems Administrator to join 4 talented Sys Admins in their wintel team. This company is a leading services provider of creation, content management, promotion, and delivery solutions of digital content across all media platforms.
The Microsoft Systems Administrator sits within the Technology Delivery Infrastructure team, the Microsoft Systems Administrators are responsible for implementing and maintaining cost effective, reliable, well designed Microsoft based solutions to meet both End User Computing and broadcast infrastructure requirements.
The Microsoft Systems Administrator reports to the Wintel Team Leader and will be required to build relationships with colleagues in the other Infrastructure teams and the wider Technology Delivery department. For new implementations the post holder will be working as part of a Project Delivery team.
- Provision and administration of Microsoft Windows server and application solutions to support their internal teams and external clients.
- Drive up and maintain stability of all Microsoft systems, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Act as a point of escalation for the 1st and 2nd line teams for all Microsoft related Incident and Problem management issues.
- Development of automated installations of defined server types and applications.
- Testing of configuration changes for supported systems.
- Updating the corporate Desktop build at least quarterly.
- Continually identify areas for improvement. Plan, agree and implement changes (following change control processes).
- Follow ITIL service management methodologies.
- Prepare costs and advice for Tech Refresh programmes, projects and upgrades.
- Ensure disaster recovery systems are tested and available.
- Provide formal technical reporting as requested by Management team.
- Act as a point of escalation for Client queries and problems
- Identify and track trends, ensuring resolutions are progressed and implemented following change control processes.
Experience & Knowledge Required
The role requires a strong knowledge of all aspects of an enterprise-level Microsoft environment.
The perfect candidate would have majority of the skills below;
- Substantial experience using and administering a Symantec Altiris enterprise · management system for: build/image deployment, application packaging/deployment, OS patching, workflow, service desk, automation policies, etc.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of deploying and supporting Microsoft Hyper-V virtual platforms
- Substantial experience of fault finding in complex system and network infrastructures
- Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, PKI and DNS (architecture and administration)
- Significant demonstrable experience scripting in Powershell, Vbscript and Shell
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Server 2008R2 and above operating systems
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Clustering 2008R2
- Significant experience of supporting and administering MS SQL Servers/cluster, including maintenance plans, optimisation and sql scripting
- In-depth knowledge of designing and administering Microsoft Sharepoint 2007/2010 environments
If you believe you have the talent and experience then please click apply with a copy of your latest CV.