This job is no longer available
Server Side Developer
Since January 2010 we have put world-class digital experiences into the hands of millions of consumers. From banking on the move to mobile shopping, we partner with the world's leading businesses to help them make money from mobile. We have pioneered social m-commerce for one of our clients, helped a banking client of ours generate 1m+ mobile banking logins per day, driven millions of pounds in additional revenue for a hotel chain, and redefined the way people find and buy a home with a bank. We create compelling digital strategies, deliver cutting-edge mobile propositions and provide the expertise to help clients accelerate adoption of their mobile services. Our work is underpinned by the most extensive, commercially successful Mobile Money technology in the world. Our award-winning team is passionate, like-minded and collaborative. Driven by a desire to disrupt, they thrive on the diversity and driving innovation that impacts millions of people across the globe.
We are looking for a Server Side Developer to join our London office to develop and implement backend & middleware solutions for our apps, and working with the Senior Server Side Developer to join a talented technical department. Day-to-day responsibilities may include developing APIs/ web services, designing and developing bespoke CMS and DB solutions, implementing client server instances and developing mobile websites to compliment client apps. All of these solutions will integrate with, and support, the mobile app development. The Server Side Developer (SSD) is responsible for the delivery of development activities for their assigned project.
These responsibilities make up the definition of the role.
* Deliver across the entire app life cycle -design, build, deploy, test, deploy to server and support.
* Working with the front-end developers to build interface.
* Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
* Build prototypes at scoping stage of projects.
* Optimising performance for the applications.
* Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
* Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in server side and digital mobile technology and apply that knowledge to improve service to our clients.
* Presenting ideas for server-side service improvements, including cost proposals.
* Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes. Essential
* Strong OO design and programming skills in both Java and Ruby.
* Web Application technology frameworks such as Zend, Spring, Rails etc
* Unix operating systems and Amazon Web Services
* Experience on web service implementation (SOAP,REST, JSON, XML)
* Experience of development using web technologies
* Experience using social media APIs
* Excellent debugging and code optimisation skills