This job is no longer available
School: Secondary School, Bedford, Bedfordshire
Job title: Teacher of Science/Chemistry
Start date: January 2014
Closing date: As soon as possible
This secondary school with sixth form in Bedford, Bedfordshire, is looking for a permanent Teacher of Science/Chemistry with a proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning and have a commitment to ensuring that learning is engaging, innovative and challenging.
Their recent Ofsted report says:
- In most key stage 4 lessons, students showed good motivation and were interested in their work. They made good progress where teachers skilfully directed students learning towards the specific requirements of the exam syllabus.
- Students of all backgrounds feel well supported in the school and appreciate its inclusive ethos.
- Students show positive attitudes to learning and feel that behaviour in lessons is often outstanding.
- Staff, parents and students alike say how well they enjoy being at the school and how they feel safe and free from bullying.
- Sixth Form teaching had strength in teachers' subject knowledge and the way staff explained new ideas to students.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to deliver General Science for Key Stages 3 - 4 and Chemistry across Key Stages 3 - 5
- Proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Passion for Science and ability to inspire students
Our school will provide a highly supportive working environment. We are committed to professional development and therefore there is an excellent training programme in place as well as opportunities for career progression.
To apply and for further information, please contact Tarja Aila at Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for this role.