This job is no longer available
School: Secondary School, Northern Hertfordshire
Job title: Teacher of Science (Chemistry or Physics)
Start date: January 2014
Closing date: As soon as possible
This secondary school with sixth form in Northern Hertfordshire is looking for a permanent Teacher of Science with a proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning and have a commitment to ensuring that learning is engaging, innovative and challenging.
Their recent Ofsted report says:
- 'The school provides a supportive and welcoming environment for its students'
- 'Students enjoy coming to school and benefit from positive relationships with staff'
- 'Attainment has been improving particularly in English and mathematics'
- 'The school is led effectively and senior leaders have the confidence of staff and are driving forward improvements'
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to deliver General Science for Key Stages 3 - 4 and Chemistry or Physics across Key Stages 3 - 5
- Proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Passion for Science and ability to inspire students
Our school will provide a highly supportive working environment. We are committed to professional development and therefore there is an excellent training programme in place as well as opportunities for career progression.
To apply and for further information, please contact Tarja Aila at Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this role.