This job is no longer available
School: Secondary School, Barnet, North London
Job title: Subject Leader of Chemistry
Start date: January 2014
Salary: MPS/UPS (outer London) + TLR 2a
Closing date: As soon as possible
This secondary school with sixth form in Barnet, North London, is looking for a permanent Subject Leader of Chemistry with a proven track record of strong results and a commitment to ensuring that learning is engaging, innovative and challenging.
Their Ofsted report says:
- This is a good school.
- Students' personal development and well-being are outstanding.
- Teaching and learning are good.
- The curriculum is outstanding and is tailored to meet the needs of many individual students.
- · Leadership and management are good.
Knowledge, Skills & Personal Qualities:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Qualified to deliver General Science for Key Stages 3 - 4 and Chemistry across Key Stages 3 - 5
- Proven track record of strong results, successful implementation and development of their own planning
- Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum
- Passion for Science and ability to inspire students and staff
Our school will provide a highly supportive working environment. We are committed to professional development and therefore there is an excellent training programme in place as well as opportunities for career progression.
To apply and for further information, please contact Tarja Aila at Capita Education Resourcing, tel. 0800 022 3829 or email
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced CRB check is required for this role.