This job is no longer available
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa 35,000
Location: South West London
Consultant: Rachael Farmer
The Green Recruitment Company are representing a leading fireplace and stoves company based in South West London.
Due to expansion plans for 2014 the company are looking to recruiting an Installation Engineering Team Leader to help lead the growing installation team.
• To lead the engineering team on fitting jobs in Installing stoves and fireplaces.
• To directly report to Company Director on all technical, health and safety issues.
• To be the main link with the office on all onsite works.
• To coordinate the procurement of materials and equipment needed in any successful job assignment.
• To check and verify that the installation records have been correctly filled in and assessed before being passed to the office.
• To coordinate all stock issues and oversee that the storage unit and display unit are kept tidy.
• To ensure that all necessary stock, materials and tools are available for fitting jobs.
• To log and attend to all queries raised by customers or office staff in terms of all works.
• To attend to surveys as assigned by the Director.
• To liaise work schedule with the office and ensure that all jobs are fully prepared in advance.
• To engage in Engineering department staff issues: holidays, absences, performance reviews etc.
• To advise Director on business issues
• To arrange and conduct staff meetings with the engineers.
• Any other duties as assigned by the line manager
• Lead the engineering team in:
o Installing stoves and fireplaces
o This includes, rendering enclosures, installing lining systems in line with Section J of building regulations.
o Removing and fitting chimney pots, installing lintels, constructional hearths, gas runs (connection to be completed by a Gas Safe installer).
o Other tasks include brickwork removal and installation, use of core drills, angle grinders, jigsaws and other power tools.
o Erecting scaffold towers in line with Pasma regulations.
o Use of winches.
o Carrying of heavy objects and keeping the storage unit tidy and controlling stock in the business unit.
o Complete all necessary work sheets and documentation as required.
o Any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
• Minimal HETAS qualification (H003)
• Dry Appliance Installer qualification ideally ( H006)
• Gas Safe Registered Installer (desirable)
• HETAS certified competent person with the ability to install dry appliances, twin walled flexible flue liners, rigid sectional metal flue liners, Eldfast relining system, insulated twin wall system and servicing and maintenance of appliances.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team
• Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
• A full clean driving licence
• Over two years work experience
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
To apply for this role please contact us at: