This job is no longer available
Web Developer - HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, MVC, OOP
Leading Media Company
£35k - £40k + excellent benefits
This is a rare opportunity to work for one of London's largest and most successful Media Companies!
Why work here?
- Amazing Media Brands
- State of the Art Modern Office Building overlooking all of London
- Lots of licence to be creative
- Lots of interesting technology
- Flexible hours and 35 hour working week
- Very social hot desk environment with regular social events
We are working exclusively for a leading media company that house more than 60 iconic media brands and publications. They have now tasked us with finding them a talented Developer to work on a number of the most iconic UK websites. The talented people in this publishing house create content for multiple platforms, across print, online, mobile, tablets, as well as events. Their award winning portfolio of websites reaches over 35 million users globally every month!
This is an all-round position working within the digital team so as well as having a solid background in HTML 5 and CSS3 you will ideally have some experience working with technologies such as PHP 5 and MVC skills as well as knowledge of OOP. In return you have the opportunity to develop new skills in a dynamic and challenging environment with training and support always available. You will work in an agile environment across exciting upcoming projects including social media and mobile with very close ties to the editorial teams who you will work with on a day to day basis.
An excellent benefits package means you will enjoy generous holidays, pension and high spec equipment (MacBook Pro/High Spec PC).
This role will suit an ambitious, object-oriented aware developer with a natural flair for problem solving and creativity looking to join an innovative
- MVC frameworks such as symfony/Zend/Code Igniter/CakePHP
- Proven commercial experience working in an agile environment, building consumer facing websites
- PHP5 including design patterns and object-oriented programming and how they fit into the web development cycle
- Training/mentoring other developers.
- Good working knowledge of front-end development based on HTML 5/ CSS 3 and jQuery
- MySQL 5 database design and query optimisation experience
- Version control systems such as SVN or GIT
- Automated/Unit Testing and Continuous Integration environments
- Apache Server Configuration (Rewrite rules/Virtualhosts)
- Comfortable on the command line
- Experience working with a services both internal and external APIS
- symfony 2
- Content Delivery Networks such as Akamai