This job is no longer available
This will be a project based contract with a number of different elements to the role. As a specialist in Servers, Networks and Storage you will have worked within Unix environments as well as having a strong understanding in derivatives.
This role requires a comprehensive understanding of the practical use of infrastructure and how applications work within a particular framework whilst also being able to decipher why infrastructure is designed in specific ways.
With a strong understanding in Storage you will assist my client in drawing up a shortlist of vendors and work with stakeholders to help decide which service to go with.
- Storage technologies (inc Virtualisation & cloud services)
- Applications Development and Management
- Data centres design and implementation
- Governance - Quality, Budget, Timescales.
- In-depth knowledge of full systems lifecycle.
- Risk/Issue Management.
- Be the subject matter expert at the client site, addressing the technical, development, or strategic IT needs
- A successful candidate must be comfortable working with large amounts of data, assimilating detail (over potentially long timeframes) and taking a proactive diagnostic approach to identifying the key variables and scenarios.
- Persuasive client-facing communication skills. Consulting on complex products requires clear, confident and credible communication with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Manage problem identification, system architecture definition, software specification and design, testing, and deployment of open source solutions
- Documentation and pricing as applied to typical infrastructure and project finance transactions.
- The ability to cultivate relationships with the primary decision makers in range of infrastructure client, through excellent client service standards and credibility.
- Excellent numeracy and problem solving skills.