This job is no longer available
Software Project Manager
Major Broadcast Company
50-55k + excellent corporate benefits
Our broadcast client is a leading name that specialises in the delivery and promotion of digital media and offers a complete range of services required to promote, playout and provide access to broadcast content across all media, from television to mobile phones.
The role of Software Project Manager is responsible for delivering bespoke software development projects on in-house software services. More specifically you will be coming in to work with a very important broadcast client from day one with the option of more broadcast client exposure further down the line.
This role sits within the internal Applications Development Team which contains Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers, Software Architects and Lead Software Engineers.Broadly, the Applications Development team provides software integration between 3rd party systems and workflow layers to ensure the efficient provision of media services to clients.
The Software Project Manager should have significant experience of major software development & delivery over a number of years, combined with a good technical understanding. This is a role for someone with motivation and drive, someone who can lead a significant team of diverse individuals and manage complexity, resources and the pressure technology driven projects with skill and the clarity of action required.
The primary purpose of the role is to manage & lead the delivery of software development projects. The key responsibilities of the role include:
· Planning the Project deliverables and schedule
· Analysing the requirements and break them down into Use-Cases and User Stories
· Providing Development Estimates of all tasks within next phase of project.
· Assigning the tasks to developers based on their appropriate skills and experience.
· Leading Daily stand-ups to ensure that development is progressing to plan and that any blocking issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
· Identifying any obstacles pro-actively and escalate these issues in a timely manner
· Assessing project risks and then formulating and communicating mitigation plans
· Monitoring progress against plan and communicating this effectively to Project Manager, Senior Management and Client Managers
· Motivating the team members and keeping them informed and productive
· Protecting team from outside distractions
· Facilitating communication between roles for every aspect of the project
· Keeping release/project information consolidated, organized and up to date
· Driving the cross-functional team at all levels
· Driving the execution of Sprint items
· Facilitating Sprint Planning, Review & Retrospective
· Keeping Release/Project information consolidated, organised and up to date
· Liaising with other teams to ensure Apps Dev processes are working efficiently with overall project process.
· Working with "internal customers" of Applications Development to ensure effective service delivery.
· Ensuring team are as productive as possible, inspiring and leading team.
The Software Project Manager will be accountable for the quality of the software design and build. Software designs need to be checked with the Technology Strategy team to ensure strategic fit with technology roadmaps and customer and internal projects need to be aligned with the Product Management team who will ensure that the correct level of reusability across customer needs is built into the program of work.
Experience we are looking for -
Software Development Management
- Experience with SOA based approach & technologies.
- Come from a development background with demonstrable experience of agile and plan-driven approaches
- Experience with enterprise level applications.
- An appreciation of enterprise level architectures.
- Experience with practicalities of shared services across multiple systems.
- Appreciation of enterprise level languages (Enterprise Java, .Net)
- Experience of Video on Demand, Media & Content Management Systems
- Experience of BPM & workflow management
Project & Delivery Management
- Extensive experience of leading Agile Development Teams (as Scrum Master)
- Extensive experience of the planning & execution and all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in multidiscipline teams, i.e. Business Analysis, Test, Environment Build, etc.
- Experience with configuration management and delivery phase of development.
- Project Management Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with Test teams.