You will work as part of the UNIX engineering team who are responsible for designing and implementing Linux infrastructure for my clients distributed systems.
Among other projects, the team develops solutions to ensure that the plant is easy to configure and manage. This role will involve implementation of configuration management sysyem for a wide distribution of standalone servers, high availability clusters and grids.
For this role it is essential you have the following:
- Strong Python or Perl programming skills, writing secure, testable, robust code.
- Good understanding of UNIX system fundamentals and network protocols.
- Ability to collaborate with others on development, including code reviews, providing specifications, implementing specifications from others, and writing documentation.
- Knowledge of SQL and database programming.
- Linux/UNIX System Administrator experience (Red Hat preferred).
- Knowledge and experience, enough to read source code and apply patches and fixes.
- Knowledge of virtualisation technology.
- Experience with clustering.