This job is no longer available
Learning Mentor London, Wandsworth
A leading school that specialises in children with Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD) is looking for a Learning Mentor to work with children of secondary age and to start after half term in late February. The role offers good rates of pay for this type of work and would be ideal for someone living in South London, around the Wandsworth, Lambeth or Merton areas or commutable to Wandsworth.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
If you have experience in schools either as a Learning Support Assistant, Learning Mentor, Teaching Assistant or Classroom Assistant and have some experience or desire to work with children that have emotional, social and behavioural difficulties and you feel you could really make a difference to their lives, then this could be the role for you!!
Learning Mentor to work with EBD children in Wandsworth in South London
- Support 121 and Groups to improve learning and behaviour
- Working with the wider teaching staff in the school to support pupils
- Develop professional relationships with pupils and staff.
- Ensure effective classroom management in line with schools behaviour policy.
- London school with high EAL, FSM and EBD with a very inclusive approach to learning
- Strong ethos with teaching and learning and a team approach to planning
- Have a rich and diverse curriculum and very cross curricular
We understand that every child is different so we carefully match our workers with schools and children to which they work with best.
- You will encounter a diverse mix of pupils in this role with emotional and behavioural problems
- Good behaviour management skills, a passion for improving outcomes for pupils and a dynamic and flexible approach will be advantageous for these positions.
In reward for our workers hard work and commitment we provide competitive rates of pay with no hidden deductions, a refer a friend scheme, access to Randstad Education's online CPD portfolio, long-term and permanent job opportunities, a dedicated consultant with a 24hr on call facility and an honest and trustworthy approach that matches you to the right school.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV or alternatively you can contact us on 0207 400 6022 to arrange your interview at our London office.
(All applicants must meet Randstad Education's strict recruitment criteria and hold a clear enhanced CRB criminal records bureau disclosure)