Director of Neuroscience
Nielsen offers ground-breaking consumer neuroscience solutions in Innovation and Marketing Effectiveness, adding measurement of the subconscious mind to Nielsen’s complete understanding of the consumer. Our custom research can be applied across channels and throughout the creative process to optimize marketing touch points and improve your brand’s resonance with consumers.
Effective messaging is engaging by nature. In today’s oversaturated media world, engagement can be a tall order. And since time is of the essence, it’s important to pinpoint which aspects of your marketing materials are the most provocative. Through our comprehensive, consumer neuroscience research, we do just that.
The value of this research extends across the marketing spectrum—from print to packaging and from food to finance. Our work for a broad cross-section of Fortune 100 category leaders speaks for itself, demonstrating the value that consumer neuroscience can have for virtually every business.
The Director, Client Service is an integral part of the Client Service organization and is responsible for developing client relationships that deliver total Nielsen capabilities for the client. The team often works in close collaboration with C-level, Vice President, Director, and manager-level clients
Role Responsibilities include:
• In dedicated account teams, the Director, Client Service works directly with clients on an on-going basis to identify business objectives and creates plans to meet these objectives.
• In regional sales teams focused on new business development, the Director, Client Service sells NeuroFocus services and solutions within the assigned accounts, manages those account relationships, and drives business in support of the different regions.
• The Director, Client Service will report to the Senior Vice President, Client Services and will have ownership of certain clients and associated revenue/upsell within the account. The role provides the opportunity to develop long-term, deep relationships with a set of clients.
• The Director, Client Service is responsible for both account management and business development, though business development is the primary responsibility.
• Manage client relationships and create strategic plan for increased client engagement.
• In regional sales teams, this person manages multiple accounts. In dedicated account teams, this person is a senior point of contact on the account and is responsible for developing new business with the client.
• Provide subject matter expertise for product, consulting, and client service.
• Co-sell large and complex projects, which may span multiple geographies/countries.
• Develop a comprehensive and achievable strategic plan for the business within a client account; thinking out of box and with a solutions-focus leveraging the breadth of Nielsen assets.
• In dedicated account teams, grow revenue through sales of incremental products within established account.
• Develop and manage a large set of relationships at senior levels within the client organization to support account strategy.
• Serve as internal and external thought leader around business applications of the dataset.
• Perform other miscellaneous responsibilities as needed.
• Manage the work and development of a high performing team of client service associates.
• Provide exceptional client service and high quality data in deliverables to grow client relationship and develop trust in team and products.
• Effectively communicate complex concepts in a simple manner – oral and written.
• Stong and successful Client Facing experience
• Bachelors Degree required. Masters Degree a plus
• Willing to travel up to 50% of the time.
• Strong interpersonal skills, highly motivated, strong orientation toward client relationships.
• Strong project management skills and ability to influence others in support of project deliverables
• Strong analytic skills, with the ability to distill large quantities of data into a story.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite
• Experience working in advertising agency, market research, brand research, advertising analytics, demographic research, and/or marketing consulting in a reputable market research firm, ad agency, or strategy consulting firm.
• Demonstrated key accomplishments at a more senior level with a demonstrated business impact.
• Strong People Management skills