This job is no longer available
12 MONTH MATERNITY CONTRACT
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Lead, manage and motivate the Marketing & Membership Support Services Department in order to deliver an effective and efficient service to existing members, to promote the organisation widely to increase the membership, and to use a range of marketing tools to raise awareness of the Society’s work and promote the value of dance.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, offer active participation and involvement in the development and execution of the overall ISTD and Faculty Management Strategy, contribute to the delivery of the ISTD Corporate Plan, and ensure that reports are provided to relevant committees as requested.
- Lead & co-ordinate the planning and delivery of marketing events to the required standard(s) in order to meet demand efficiently, liaising with and providing advice to all departments within the organisation to ensure common branding, and most effective scheduling across the organisation.
- Identify and pursue both traditional, current and innovative means of promoting the ISTD to a wide audience, using a targeted approach where necessary, and ensuring high quality and fully accessible materials and publications.
- Ensure the promotion of membership of the ISTD to retain existing members and attract new ones, using a range of means and media in a strategic fashion, and provide an effective membership support service.
- Ensure a co-ordinated approach to the work such that all resources are used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the organisation, faculties and the Membership.
- Establish relationships with key external agencies and organisations to position ISTD as a market leader, and create partnership and joint promotional opportunities.
- Manage allocated budget following organisational strategy and operating practices, and reporting as necessary to the Council and to the CEO, ensuring that all expenses incurred by examiners are properly incurred and recorded for audit purposes.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, participate in any other projects or tasks as required to support the strategic direction of the organisation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with a proven ability to provide and present clear reports and information to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrable and relevant experience in marketing at a senior level, with a proven track record of strategic planning and brand development, of working with external agencies at executive levels and of producing high quality publications and electronic media.
- Experience of using effective performance and staff / resource management strategies to ensure the delivery of continuous improvement in customer service in a membership organisation.
- Awareness of regulatory frameworks and best practice relating to the work of the department and the ability to interpret these accurately and effectively to inform the work of the department.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills to support effective decision making and to resolve difficulties encountered: solution focussed.
- Attitude of personal responsibility and accountability and a flexible and ‘can-do’ attitude towards the workplace.
- Proven ability to work both on own initiative and as part of a team, at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Demonstrable ability to manage budgets to deliver the service required and achieve good value for the organisation.
- Ideally, previous experience of working in marketing within a dance, dance education, arts or training environment, or similar.