This job is no longer available
We are working for a leading global entertainment company that house iconic games as well as a world-wide known gaming console. They have tasked us with finding a talented Messaging Manager and Storage manager to work on improving the support, planning and delivery of related infrastructure and services. You would become a part of the talented team and liaise with teams all around the world.
Why work here?
· State of the art technology
· One of the most recognisable entertainment brands in the world
· A lot of scope to influence
· Great central location and work culture
This is an amazing opportunity for a problem solver to work for one of the most prominent Entertainment companies. You will have the opportunity to develop new skills in a dynamic and challenging environment with training and support always available and work in a Scrum environment across exciting upcoming projects with very close ties to the game developers who you will work with on a daily basis.
This role has a key focus on technical strategic planning, R&D through to production and on-going support of technical solutions.
The ideal person will have experience in most of the following:
· Applicable knowledge based on real-world usage of an enterprise-sized VMWare estate
· Experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMWare ESXi and VirtualCenter
· Proven experience of Backup systems including Symantec NetBackup, NetApp SnapVault and experiencing using NDMP
· Experience of managing SAN and NAS infrastructures, including CIFS, NFS, FCoE and iSCSI storage protocols
· Experience of working within a server and storage support role managing at least 200 physical servers and multi-node, multi-petabyte storage infrastructures
· Advanced understanding of MS Server 2008/12, DNS and Active Directory including practical
· Experience of implementing and troubleshooting to an enterprise-admin level
· Experience and demonstrable skills around at least one Cloud platform i.e. Azure, AWS, RackSpace
· Advanced experience of installing, configuring and troubleshooting file and print services on Windows Server and NetApp platforms
· Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (PowerShell, Perl, etc)
· VMWare VCP 5.x certificate -Essential
· Windows Server OS 2008 (MCP / MCSE / MVP) - Essential
· Net App NCDA - highly desirable
If you're interested in this role please apply with the latest copy of your CV.