A leading Financial Services company based in the City urgently seeks a talented Network Engineer to join its IT team immediately. The successful Engineer will be working as part of a highly skilled (CCIE level) team supporting the latest Cisco and Nexus technologies. The successful candidate will ideally be CCNA certified but extensive experience within financial services for those not certified will be considered.
In this role, the Engineer will be 1st and 2nd line support to users who are having issues with the network whilst also being willing to get involved with other projects across the business. You will have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and be diagnosing network and routing issues. Ultimately you will be a strong all-rounder looking for an opportunity where ownership and responsibility are encouraged. Day to day you will be:
- Dealing with CCNA level network issues, logging and documentation of issues
- Monitoring network and circuit availability
- Working with third party providers of hardware and solutions
- Managing, meeting and maintaining service levels, where appropriate providing input to other teams or team members, if necessary taking ownership of and managing problems
In order to be considered for the role of Senior Engineer you will need the following:
- CCNA level certified network engineer or equivalent level of experience
- Strong Windows background, in particular, Active Directory
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to communicate with users
- Excellent LAN, WAN and TCP/IP experience
- Strong desire to join a highly skilled support team and technically advanced environment
- Willingness to get involved with company-wide initiavtives from basic relocation moved to more complex network issues
- SQL background
- Linux experience would be advantageous
This is an immediate requirement so please apply immediately for this role. Junior candidates with at least two years experience with a strong background in hedge funds, propeitary trading houses or investment banks would also be considered.