This job is no longer available
Looking for a Java Software Development Lead Or Java Development Manager to Lead a small Scrum team of senior Java Developers and help them successfully complete the delivery of a robust n-tier software product due in the next few months. This is working with a new small, dynamic software services company based in central London. They are backed by one of the world's most famous global media services brands.
The successful candidate will need to have good Java Development Lead experience and an understanding of Modern software architecture and a background in good Java coding techniques. Software development will be in a dynamic technical test driven environment and the development is mainly focussed on middleware / mid tier so you will need experience in Rest services and technologies such as JMS / Qpid / ActiveMQ on Linux. You will be responsible for owning software delivery from analysis through to delivery and maintenance, leading the scrum team, task estimation etc and other typical Team Leader / Manager tasks which will help deliver the product.
Key Skills Required:
· Experienced leading Java Software Development teams
· Background of at least 5 years hands on Java development experience with some development on Linux server platforms
· Experienced developing middleware in Java based N-tier Applications with REST architecture and JMS / Qpid / ActiveMQ, ideally in a Lead capacity
· Able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of building robust scalable data processing systems in Java
· Support the developers to be creative, proactive problem-solvers, contribute and help ensure they write efficient and elegant code following the principles of test-driven and iterative development.
· Strong clear Communication skills with the confidence and experience to run scrum meetings and report to senior stakeholders
· Solid understanding of best practice development methods and methodologies such as Agile SCRUM and Design Patterns
· Help deliver Enterprise-level Java development of high-performance, business-critical systems.
· Experienced in High-throughput, distributed systems using service-bus (ESB) and messaging patterns and technologies
· Experience of enterprise scale n-tier and service oriented architectures
· B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, (MSc preferred)
· Comfortable working at all levels of the technology stack especially the middleware, while demonstrating expertise in some of the following areas:
· Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms - Binary Trees, Hashing, etc
· Solid understanding of concurrency
· Experience in the development of sound and video applications preferable
· Network security concepts
· Ability to work independently to meet a goal / date including proactive project management skills. Able to manage own time. Results oriented delivering to set timescales
Other ideal exposure
- Search and indexing technologies such as Apache Solr, Lucene or Autonomy Idol
- Development experience with multi-language search tools
- Digital media tools and technologies (streaming, transcoding, image processing, audio analysis)
Role to start immediately or at short notice (1 week)