This job is no longer available
Moore Stephens LLP is currently looking recruit two graduates to join our Business Tax department as Juniors to work towards their ACA qualification from September 2014.
The Business Tax department provides bespoke taxation services to its clients and deals with all queries from basic compliance through to high-level advisory work. It prepares tax returns and computations, carries out tax planning/consultancy work, and deals with HMRC, clients and third parties
The main purpose of the role is to assist in all day-to-day aspects of the business tax compliance function and to assist in the provision of consultancy work and business development, as required.
You will also work towards gaining the ACA qualification with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
The main responsibilities of the role will include (but not be limited to):
- corporation tax computations at both provision and final stage
- corporation, partnership, personal and overseas landlord tax returns
- deferred tax calculations for inclusion in the final statements, as required
· Assist in dealing with HMRC correspondence including obtaining relevant information from audit files etc
· Assist in dealing with client correspondence including the preparation of tax payment advice letters for review
· Assist with a portfolio of clients ensuring they are kept up to date with relevant progress of their computations, tax matters and deadlines
· Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc
· Assist with any other aspects of the compliance function, including updating Alphatax on a regular basis
· Assist with the preparation of fee proposals for review
· Ensure deadlines are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
· Assist with general administrative duties
· Develop an awareness of UK taxation and accounting matters, including accounting standards and double entry book-keeping
The role initially works under close supervision of senior staff. As you progress, you will be responsible for completing more complex areas of the tax compliance.
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate:
· Achievement of at least 300 UCAS points, calculated from three A-level subjects taken in the same year and excluding General Studies (or international equivalent)
· Achievement of at least a 2.1 university undergraduate degree classification in any subject
· Good numeracy and literacy skills
· Strong interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills
· Sound commercial awareness
· An interest in a career in tax and obtaining the ACA qualification
Moore Stephens LLP is a mid-tier accounting and consulting firm with 650 partners and staff. We are a member of Moore Stephens UK, which is currently the UK’s 10th largest independent accountancy network. Our growth has been organic and we are small enough to provide a personal service but large enough to have specialist expertise.
Moore Stephens UK is also an independent member of Moore Stephens International Limited, which comprises like-minded professionals located across the globe. Moore Stephens International Limited is regarded as one of the world's major accounting and consulting networks with 630 offices across 98 countries, involving over 20,000 people.
To fulfil our aspirations we believe in recruiting and retaining focused, high performing, diverse and committed people. We value our talent pool and are committed to employee professional development as well as offering a range of flexible benefits.
No agencies please.