This job is no longer available
PCR is working exclusively with a new dynamic software services company based in central London. They are backed by one of the world's most famous global media services brands. The company is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Developer in Test or Automation QA Engineer to work with a Java development team and be responsible for the test automation of the server infrastructure (middleware) in a multi-tier environment.
You should have Command Line Tools experience together with Automated Testing and Unix Shell Scripting (Python, Bash or similar scripting languages). This is required for this role in which you will be responsible for deriving functional and performance test cases from requirements and proactive discussions with key stakeholders from the business and technical teams.
You will implement and execute test cases and repeatable test scripts for scalable systems architectures written in Java and web based UI.
You will be required to analyse the test results in order to create reports and log files.
You must be able to demonstrate an experienced understanding of middleware and n-tier scalable infrastructure.
Responsibilities you will have in the role -
- To work with the developers and promote the use of automated testing tools where appropriate
- Drive automation and related practices to ensure good test coverage
- Recommend and implement suitable testing frameworks
- Represent testing best practice within their team and able to be pragmatic in their use of agile techniques
- Manage test deliverables as part of an iterative approach
- Support a Test Driven Development approach where appropriate
- Ensure that an automated approach is used at all practical levels
- Be proactive in developing and maintaining standards and tools to support the development activity
- Contribute to the management of the defect lifecycle and assist in prioritising and resolving defects
- Ensure overall defect levels and trends are visible for the team and other interested parties
- To work with the team to remove blocks to testing