Scrum Master / Development Lead
Scrum Master / Development Lead
Global Financial and News company
City of London
Ready for the challenge of leading Scrums and Development teams for one of the largest companies in the world?
Our client is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Based in over 100 countries with well over 60,000 staff they combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, scientific, healthcare and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
The Scrum Master will sit in a department that was created in response to the issues raised during the 2008 financial crisis. They are building a brand new application framework which holds many different software solutions such as: anti-money laundering, legislative searching and work-flow collaboration. They are continuously increasing their market share through acquisitions and active development. You will be joining a team of like-minded technologists who are beginning to develop leading IT systems from the ground up using bleeding edge technology.
You will be an experienced Scrum Master and subject-matter expert, have excellent logic and problem solving skills and a drive to make a difference. You will be responsible for enforcing the rules and best practice of Scrum, removing impediments from the team while promoting self-management and constantly improving our standards of work.
You will also be experienced at delivering projects and managing a team. We need an individual who is able to create an environment which helps the team to perform to their optimum ability. You will work with the Heads of Technical Delivery to release software and deliver to market. You will have line management experience actively managing work relationships and performance reviews.
Liaison & Communication
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments.
- Communicate with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues.
- Organize and facilitate project planning, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Work with architects, developers and dev ops to release and deliver software on a regular cycle.
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects / bugs.
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices.
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Empower the team to self-organize.
- Have regular one to ones with team members.
- Engage in yearly performance reviews.
Knowledge & Experience
- Strong Scrum Master experience.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Understanding of organization's development platform and languages.
- Ability to understand technical issues.
- Proven track record of delivery.
If you feel you have the right level of experience and ready to take on the challenge of working for one of the leading companies in the world then please get in touch.