This job is no longer available
Broadcast Support Engineer - 25-30k + On Call Allowance - London, Zone 2
Do you want to bring your Broadcast Support engineer knowledge to the exciting world of Broadcast Media, then read on!
Due to expansion a leading Broadcast Organisation is now looking for a Broadcast Support Engineer to join 4 talented Broadcast Support Engineers in their team. This company is a leading services provider of creation, content management, promotion, and delivery solutions of digital content across all media platforms.
The Broadcast Support Engineer sits within the Access Services section, the Broadcast Support Engineer will be providing support and maintenance for Access Services (Subtitling, Audio Description and BSL interpretation services). Broadcast Systems Engineers are responsible for liaising directly with the customer, assuming ownership of issues through to resolution, carrying out the diagnosis and solving all of the technical issues and escalating to and liaising with other Broadcast Systems Engineer, IT systems Manager and the other engineering teams where necessary.
The Broadcast Support Engineer reports to the IT Systems Manager and will be required to build relationships with colleagues in the other engineering teams and the wider Technology Delivery department.
Some of the responsibilities are below but not limited too -
* Provide verbal and written shift handovers in a standard format.
* Review open incidents, dealing with them in an effective and efficient manner, providing timely feedback to customers and progressing incidents within Altiris appropriately.
* Write reports on technical or operational matters.
* Provide 1st line of response for all local Access Service Technology related issues.
* Contribute to the training and awareness of new staff.
* Undertake work as necessary to ensure that the requirements of statutory and Red Bee Media safety regulations are met.
* Participate in team meetings/briefings.
The perfect candidate will hold majority of the skills below -
* UNIX / Linux Operating Systems.
* A good understanding of networking technologies.
* Experience of providing remote support.
* The ability to use and update formalised knowledge management systems.
* Audio / video equipment systems.
* An understanding of different database technologies.
* Experience of a broadcast media environment.
If you feel you're up for the challenge please apply to the advert or send me an email with the most up to date CV: Ryan.email@example.com