This job is no longer available
Randstad Education are looking for FE qualified tutors to work on an ad hoc basis at an Adult Male prison in Birmingham.
Randstad Education are currently recruiting FE Qualified tutors or candidates with equivalent experience/qualifications who are able to teach subjects embedding Functional Skills (Numeracy, Literacy or ICT). This will be on a sessional basis, however the average amount of work for our current candidates is 4 days a week.
They are looking to interview as soon as possible
What You Will Need To Have
- candidates must hold a teaching qualification, i.e. Certificate in Adult Education, DTLLS or equivalent (or be currently enrolled on a DTLLS course).
- Experience in Education or Training within the subject area is essential.
- Experience in developing curriculum and programmes of learning are desirable.
- Experience of embedding skills for life is desirable.
- Experience of involvement with unemployed and / or disadvantaged people and working in a challenging or secure/prison environment is
Working within an adult prison setting you will be required to deliver Functional Skills to adult learners. You should also be prepared to work over academic school holidays.
You will be required to teach adult learners within a prison environment. Specific prison experience is not compulsory however a desire and motivation to work with adult learners with a successful outcome is. We are recruiting tutors who have a proven track record of successfully progressing learners through courses. Please include relative examples of this in your CV where possible.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week we can find the right match for your skills.
To discuss this vacancy in more detail, please contact Zara Smyth on 0121 200 5910 or email your CV