This job is no longer available
Asset Management Software Pioneer - London City
£70k to £90k + Bonus
A pioneer in cloud based Asset Management Software are seeking a Java Development Lead (Manager, AGILE) that will take the ropes on a greenfield development team making the market leading hedge fund portfolio management applications to the cloud.
As the Java Development Lead (Manager, AGILE) you will actually be taking on a hybrid role that includes project management, man management, technical leadership and Agile process evangelist with a small team of expert Java web developers. This is a great chance for the move from team lead or project manager into having more responsibilities, adding career experience and freedom to influence those around you.
The team are a specialist small unit and in being a tight knit business you will be expected to add value in all areas by rolling up your sleeves and taking ownership, whether it is deliverables, problems to overcome, technology choices and everything that comes with building out an expanding technology team.
- Project Lead, Team Lead, Management of small development teams (Essential)
- Web development experience, preferably in Java technologies (Highly Beneficial)
- Recent experience of working with small teams in a close manner (Beneficial)
- Demonstrable evidence of roadmaps and delivering to deadlines (Required)
- Strong Agile implementation experience in commercial environment (Highly Beneficial)
- Keen to grow within an expanding business by taking responsibility and encouraging accountability with the team (Highly Beneficial)
- Excellent communication skills and repertoire of building communication strategies within teams (Highly Beneficial)
The business are within the lucrative hedge fund and buy side trading space, with the benefit of a being a technology specialist with a big drive on the best tools for the job. In asset management end users the focus is often on the business with technology second, you'll find that with a focus on technology it is a more passionate environment for high quality with enthusiastic professionals. The industry specific skills will add a lot of value long term and open you up to an industry that is particularly difficult to crack.