This job is no longer available
Our client is looking for a Physical Education (PE) teacher to start after the February half term (2014). They are an expanding 2 form entry primary school based in Ealing and the school has been graded 'Good' by ofsted in it's last inspection. This temporary position is until the end of the academic year, with the possibility of being extended.
Applicants must have the relevant subject knowledge/skills. Newly Qualified teachers are welcome to apply. Please contact the office for further information.
All candidates will be subject to employment and background checks.
Promotes and nurtures the education of students by planning and tailoring courses of study; monitoring, assisting with, and correcting, academic efforts; providing a safe environment conducive to learning; keeping parents informed.
* Educates students by planning and developing course of study according to curriculum guidelines; school, local and national requirements.
* Tailors course of study by developing modifications for several levels of academic ability and previous achievement.
* Maintains order in the classroom by counselling students with behavioural problems; consulting with other professionals where there appears to be evidence of learning disabilities
* Maintains safe, secure, and clean eduational environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
* Intercepts deterioration in achievement by counselling students with academic difficulties; drawing on the school system's resources for additional academic assistance.
* Keeps parents informed by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, and social acclamation; reporting on all elements of student development at parent-teacher meeting, both regularly scheduled and as-needed.
* Updates job knowledge by attending staff meetings; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
* Enhances school's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Classroom Management, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Presentation Skills, Self-Motivated, Motivating Others, Listening, Collaborative Teaching, Deals with Uncertainty, Objectivity, Confidentiality
Please call 0207 400 6035 for more information.