This job is no longer available
We have been approached by a secondary school in Burnley to appoint an English and Drama Teacher for a temporary position. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to teach English upto and including GCSE and also Drama to Key Stage 3 & 4. This is an excellent opportunity for a suitably experienced and talented teacher to join a good department at a positive time.
The School, The Child
Although the school is currently judged as requiring improvement, there have been significant gains in attainment and achievement over the last two years. The College moved into a new building in 2008 and the community is now fortunate to benefit from the wonderful facilities and resources.
Our requirements for this post are as follows:
- hold a qualification with QTS (NQT's and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- have excellent communication skills
- be passionate about teaching and your subject
- possess the motivation to achieve and add value to the school
- have proven classroom management skills