This job is no longer available
We are seeking an enthusiastic intern with a passionate interest in HR to work with our UK Human Resources team and our Organisational Development and Talent Acquisition functions in Europe, based out of Oxford.
The work supporting the initiatives of these functions will provide the opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects which could include talent assessment and development initiatives, succession planning, and process simplification.
The Nielsen Company works with the biggest names in FMCG, Retail, Finance, Media and Telecoms, and was the official market research services provider to the London 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.
Supporting the UK HR & OD and TA functions in Europe with key responsibilities that include:
- Providing administrative support to the work of these teams
- Managing project work as required and assisting in the coordination of key events including leadership forums, HR conferences, university engagement initiatives; process simplification etc.
- Assisting in the management of a rotational programme for emerging talent in Europe, liaising with HR teams across the European region ensuring all legal requirements are met, development plans exist and are being monitored, accommodation is secured etc.
The work is likely to encompass
- Identifying issues needing attention and dealing with issues directly and escalating where appropriate
- Producing a range of high quality documents from draft, written and oral instructions
- Drafting communications/presentations as required
- Maintaining information/databases
- Creating reports as required
- Arranging and participating in meetings and ad hoc events both locally and internationally
- Working individually and as part of designated project teams
To succeed in this role, you must be able to demonstrate a passion for HR. Any previous experience within an HR discipline and/or a busy and varied commercial corporate environment will be an advantage.
Candidates will be considered in line with the following attributes:
- Proven organisational capability indicating a passion for delivering high quality (‘right first time’) work
- Confidence in working across cultures. Not afraid to deal with people at all levels within an organisation.
- Initiative and flexibility to undertake ad hoc responsibilities
- Able to manage self and prioritise tasks.
- A team player
- Strong communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to draft communications & presentations
- Well-organised with strong planning and problem solving skills: an ability to manage multiple activities at the same time
- Proven experience and credibility of influencing others to take action
- Keen and confident to build strong working relationships across the business
- Excellent PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, internet usage are all essential)
- Be on track for a strong degree result in any discipline