This job is no longer available
We are currently recruiting for new travel consultants to join our teams in London Bridge, temptingly close to Borough Market. In these sales-driven roles, you will be working in small teams (usually 6 - 7 travel consultants) selling incredible travel experiences to a wide range of clients, from career breakers and honeymooners to adventurous retirees.
Who are we looking for?
Enthusiastic candidates who have a drive to succeed in a sales role and a passion for travel, especially when it comes to long haul. Using the knowledge you have acquired from a target-driven, retail or travel sales role alongside your passion or experience of travel, you will create tailor-made itineraries for our clients, which will range from a multi-stop itinerary around Asia to a luxury tailor-made long haul holiday of a lifetime. You will need to have excellent communication and customer service skills and a positive 'can do' attitude.
What will be your job role?
We pride ourselves on customer service and you will be responsible for planning your client's trip alongside recommending our preferred products. Your source of enquiry will be phone and email with some face to face consultations. Our destinations cover USA, South America, Africa, Asia and South West Pacific. Whilst selling travel is your main role you will also be expected to take full responsibility of your client's trip from start to finish including after sales and also be accountable for the retention of your client base. You will also have the opportunity to attend supplier training sessions and participate in the educational programmes which will help develop your expertise.
What's the training and progression like?
We will provide you with three-weeks of training at the start of your career so you become an 'Expert' and in addition we have an in-house Sales Academy to train and develop your sales skills. Once you have started your career, we will provide you with ongoing leadership and business acumen training so you can continue to progress through the company.
As we are growing very rapidly there are plenty of opportunities to move into a leadership role and as we have 11 brands within the UK, you can also explore career opportunities across one of our multiple travel companies or take part in our Fast-Track programme to accelerate your career progression. The career opportunities are endless.
Why choose Round The World Experts?
- Featured in The Sunday Times "Top 100 Best Companies To Work For" for nine years
- Placed in the "100 Best Workplaces in the UK and Europe" 2013
- Received special awards for Leadership and Training and Development programmes
- A global network extending throughout Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, South Africa, Hong Kong, India, China, Singapore & UAE - which means there's opportunity to work around the world
What are the benefits?
This is a sales focused position - although admittedly, you are selling the best product in the world: travel! Therefore you'll be on a base plus commission salary. Your base is £18,000 and you can earn uncapped commission. Our top travel consultants in our travel group earn over £100,000 plus and other benefits include:
- Discounted travel and access to incentives from the world's top travel providers as well as Familiarisation/Educational trips
- Fun company culture and incredible social events both within the UK and abroad
- Exceptional career progression programme including our Fast Track Leadership Programme and worldwide opportunities
- Free health and financial advice, onsite massage and fitness sessions
- Opportunity to take a three month sabbatical after five years