Volunteer in Amazon, Galapagos or Quito, Ecuador
See the world from a different perspective! Take part in the Volunteer Ecuador program!
- 3 month placement teaching English in Ecuador
- 120 hour Advanced TEFL Certificate
- Airport transfer via shuttle bus / then pick up at drop off point
- Orientation upon in arrival in Quito including free accommodation
- Accommodation* throughout placement
- Meals provided (please note, where accommodation is home-stay with a local family, a small food contribution* may be requested of approximately £30-£60 per month)
- Visa assistance
- Expert guidance and support from an experienced local team
- Assistance in finding TEFL placements in other countries after your placement
- Free teacher blog to share your experiences
- Free latest edition Lonely Planet E-guide to Ecuador
Galapagos Islands - a unique opportunity to experience a place way off the beaten track! Teach at bilingual day-care centers (approx. 1-6 year olds) in a living, breathing natural wonderland!
Quito – soak up Ecuador’s effervescent capital and teach at a local public school (elementary or high school placements).
Amazon – venture into the heart of the Amazonian jungle to teach in community schools. Placements teaching adults English for tourism and hospitality also available.
Why become an Ecuador volunteer?
- Immerse yourself in the local community!
- Teach English at local schools in Quito, Galapagos or Amazon
- Promote cultural exchange
- Three month volunteer placements teaching in Ecuador
- Apply through Ecuador’s leading placement organization
- Gather valuable teaching experience and embark on a lifetime adventure!
Arrival dates for volunteering abroad
Early January & September – for Quito & Amazon placements
Early March & August – for Galapagos
*depending on availability
My role as a volunteer in Ecuador
Ecuador is a vibrant and optimistic nation with an emerging tourist industry.
The aim of this program is for volunteers to contribute to the academic development of local children and adults through assisting local Ecuadorian teachers or taking their own classes. The larger aim is to boost Ecuador’s tourist industry and international competitiveness. Participants are encouraged to get involved with school life and are welcome to organize extra-curricular activities such as sports competitions, culture, music, craft or arts events.
This is a unique opportunity to provide knowledge and guidance to Ecuadorian learners and support the country in its efforts towards a bright future!
What are the application requirements to volunteer abroad?
We are looking for candidates who can help make a difference, share their culture and make a positive contribution by volunteer English teaching in Ecuador! This program is open to bachelor’s degree holders of UK, USA, Canadian, South African, Australian or New Zealand nationality. Couples and friends are welcome to apply!
Please note – the Galapagos placements involve interacting with very young children. So, volunteers must be comfortable working with children aged between 1 – 6 years old.