This job is no longer available
Business Development Manager
GYT (Gapyear.com Travel) is a specialist team of travel sales consultants who understand what a gap year is all about. GYT is all over the best flight routes and tickets, plus hostels, travel passes, tours, volunteer placements - the works. Simply put, GYT is the gap year travel agency for anyone planning their own gap year travels.
GYT is seeking a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of GYT by building relationships with adventure tour suppliers, tourist boards, and overseas volunteer organisations. In addition, you'll work with schools, colleges and universities to ensure that when they're planning trips abroad, they turn to GYT.
Specifically, your core responsibilities will include:
- Generating new business leads through prospecting, cold calls, networking events and targeting key accounts
- Meeting and reporting on monthly sales and revenue targets
- Building strong relationships with the GYT team of travel consultants to ensure that new business is managed effectively
- Negotiating commercial agreements for new and existing clients
- Creating proposals for clients, using all resources available
This is an exciting new division within a global travel company and therefore the successful Business Development Manager will have an exceptional opportunity to make their mark in a growing team with ambitious plans for the future.
To achieve in this Business Development Manager role, you'll need a high level of business acumen and the ability to make strategic decisions based on key data. You'll also have impressive sales and networking skills, with the ability to secure new business. In addition, you will need:
- Proven ability to meet sales targets
- Driven with a strong decision-making ability
- Strong academic record (ideally an undergraduate degree)
- Passion for travel
Joining an exciting company with ambitious plans for the future, you'll be an integral part of GYT. What's more, you'll be based in our brand new adventure sales hub, Base Camp, in Southwark (temptingly close to Borough Market), surrounded by like-minded travellers who are passionate about our business.
In addition, you'll receive the following award-winning benefits including:
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with worldwide opportunities
- Fast-track leadership programme to develop our future leaders
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house financial advisors
- Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
- Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more…
- Opportunity to take a three month sabbatical after five years
The successful candidate will receive a proven OTE of £30,000 in year one with an uncapped commission structure, to ensure only your sales skills and ambition determine your earning potential.