This job is no longer available
Director of Music
UPS plus TLR £12,516
Graveney is a co-educational 11 - 19 school with a history of outstanding OFSTED ratings, most recently in May 2011. We aim to provide an excellent education for all with quality teaching that is innovative and reflects current developments, underpinned by traditional values and skills. We are a school committed to the serious business of study, an experience which is further enhanced by an extensive array of clubs, trips and enrichment opportunities.
We are seeking to appoint a highly professional and dedicated teacher to lead the musical life of Graveney School. The successful applicant will have a proven track record of achievement within a school music department.
Requirements of the role include:
- Lead the Music Department and proactively promote its work both within and outside the School.
- To oversee, attend and ensure the success of all school music events, concerts, recitals.
- To proactively promote the school?s scheme of free instrumental tuition for pupils eligible for pupil premium
- To raise standards of student attainment and achievement within the whole department and to monitor and support student progress.
- To be accountable for student progress and development within the department.
- To develop and enhance the teaching practice of others.
- To be accountable for leading, managing and developing the subject / curriculum areas within the department.
For further information including an application form and a full Job Description please contact Sarah Marwood on 0207 400 6035 or
Closing Date: Application Form with covering letter to Sarah Marwood by 31 March 2014 Interviews will be held on Thursday 3rd and/or Friday 4th April 2014.
Graveney School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants for this post must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and an enhanced DBS check