This job is no longer available
If you are a secondary NQT then Randstad Education need you! We are currently experiencing an increase in demand for this academic year for Newly Qualified Teachers in all subjects at secondary level, especially around the Liverpool area. You can also work now before the summer as an 'unqualified teacher' or cover supervisor, so apply now! Randstad Education is the UK market leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week, we can find the right match for your skills.
We are looking for Newly Qualified Teachers from any route, such as PGCE, BA/BSc QTS or the School Direct programme, and from any subject area. Our requirements are that you must:
- Hold a qualification with or leading to QTS (overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply)
- Be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and full referencing process
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be passionate about teaching and your subject
- Possess the motivation to achieve and add value to a school
- Have proven classroom management skills
The positions offered could be ad hoc day to day supply, as well as full or part-time long term vacancies, and could involve lessons with children across all key stages from KS3 to KS5, from small groups for interventions to full classes, and in mainstream or SEN settings. You may even be able to cover at upper KS2 in primary, or perhaps undertake doing one to one tuition sessions. You will be expected to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues in the relevant departments as required and possibly undertake general cover lessons across the curriculum
- Organise your classroom to create a positive teaching environment, liaising with relevant teaching assistants and support staff to develop effective working relationships with pupils and colleagues
- Maintain discipline through employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Monitor pupil's progress and keep records on their development
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of secondary and SEN schools and academies within the Merseyside area. These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. We work closely with each school we supply through constant relevant contact to ensure the right match for you.
Within these schools our teachers will support pupils of different ability levels, with different Special Educational Needs, for example Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), English as an Additional Language (EAL), and Complex Learning Difficulties, and coming from many different social backgrounds. We understand that every class and in fact every individual child is different, so we carefully match you as our teacher with the schools and children which you feel you work best with.
Our teachers have a well deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist secondary consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including the certified 'Team Teach' course
- 'recommend a friend' bonus scheme
- the flexibility to work when and where you want through our network of branches and our sister company 'teachanywhere'
- being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like ?Teacher of the Term?
Please email your CV or give the office a call on 0151 255 1666 and speak to Ashley Fortune, the specialist secondary education consultant.