This job is no longer available
This position is an initial 3-month placement, based in Hayes, West London, with a view to a full-time graduate job. Salary: £17,500 pro rata.
How can you expect to spend your day?
This will involve new product creation which includes cataloguing, creating engaging copy, technical product specifications and managing imagery to meet customer requirements. The role is split into the following areas and responsibilities to give a well-rounded aspect to the internship and full-training will be provided.
* Setting up of new products on the site according to deadlines from line manager and the buying team.
* Identify where deadlines are likely to be missed and escalate this to the buying team and the Head of eCommerce.
* Ensure the correct functioning of all products, so that the customer is able to find and buy all website ranged products.
* Write product descriptions that are accurate, engaging and equally attractive to consumers and search engine optimised.
* Demonstrate excellent written copy i.e. engaging, unique, grammatically correct and utilising the brand tone of voice.
Maintenance of category & customer service pages:
* Ensure all products are correctly categorised and that category pages show an attractive shopping selection.
* Daily check of core landing pages for areas of responsibility.
* Weekly Friday audit of the customer shopping experience ready for weekend trade.
* Provide on-going support for colleagues and answering content and configuration related support queries.
Search Engine Optimisation:
* Write copy with reference to the keywords of customer search to improve SEO.
* Liaise with the buying team to change the product name, where the system name does not fully describe or sell the product.
* Add keywords to assist the search function.
* Use of analytics and SEO data to evaluate page performance.
* Use of heat paths to understand customer page performance.
* Understanding and measuring page bounce rates, values and exit rates.
* Work with the head of multi-channel to improve SEO performance and traffic.
Business admin & finance:
* Matching of invoices against sales orders.
* Assisting account team with reconciliation enquires.
* Work with the on-site manager to update the supplier portal information and chase outstanding deliveries.
Personal & site development:
* Keep a list of training requirements against job descriptions, against which your line manager will provide training assistance.
* Assist in the creation of internal training documents and systems.
* Benchmark competitors for new innovative features and functions to aid customer shopping experience.
The ideal intern's personality and qualifications:
This role most suits a recent graduate looking to develop a career in eCommerce or in an online/ digital environment working for a rapidly growing UK retailer with almost 100 stores, looking to replicate their high street success online.
Degrees related to digital media, communications or previous work experience in these areas would be beneficial. A passion for digital and web based business or retail would be a big bonus. The ideal candidate would have the following:
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Overwhelming motivation and passion for ecommerce.
* Be proficient in advanced Excel, Photoshop or Illustrator.
* Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* A degree or work experience related to online or digital consumerism.
The perks of interning at this company:
This is a brilliant opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with exciting career prospects and first-hand training opportunities from experienced industry professionals in eCommerce and digital media.
Looking to kick-start your graduate career but struggling to get your foot on the ladder? Inspiring Interns is here to help! We match ambitious graduates with growing companies across the UK from our offices in London and Manchester. Our internships are designed to give you genuine, meaningful experience and 66% lead to permanent graduate jobs. Please see our website for more vacancies and info.