This job is no longer available
We have opportunities for Cover Supervisors for Secondary Schools in the West Berkshire area. These schools can offer Supply day to day, short term and long term opportunities. Contact us immediately to discuss these opportunities!!
We offer competitive rates from ?70 to ?80 per day depending on the role.
Teaching qualifications are not necessary, however, you do need to have experience working in schools or with children and vulnerable adults.
The role of a Cover Supervisor includes:
-Undertaking whole class supervision in the absence of the class teacher, setting work previously prepared by the teacher
-Developing curricular knowledge as required by the school
-Applying the school's behaviour management policy and report any difficulties to the class teacher/head teacher
-Setting homework previously prepared by the teacher
-Undertaking observations of the pupils and contribute to pupil records
- willing and able to supervise classes of 11-18 year olds, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy
- comfortable delivering lessons from a range of subjects across the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved
- highly organised and able to communicate effectively
-We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of secondary and SEN schools and academies within the West Berkshire area.
-These schools range in size, catchment, religious background and ethos. We work closely with each school we supply through constant relevant contact to ensure the right match for you.
-Within these schools our cover supervisors will deliver to and support pupils of different ability levels, some with different Special Educational Needs, for example Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD), English as an Additional Language (EAL), and Complex Learning Difficulties,
-Pupils come from many different social backgrounds. We understand that every class and in fact every individual child is different, so we carefully match you as our candidate with the schools and children which you feel you work best with.
Requirements for candidates will include:
-Experience working with children and vulnerable adults
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Experience of working with large groups of teenagers such as sports coaching, charity work or drama workshops?
Benefits of working for Randstad Education:
- Competitive rates of pay from?70 per day
- Access to a range of local Cover Supervisor vacancies in various areas
- Your own specialist consultant with a 24 hour on call service
- CPD (Team Teach training etc.)
Please contact Lilian Findlay on 01189 572884 or email