This job is no longer available
Randstad Education Birmingham are seeking a permanent Year 5/6 Teacher for an exciting role in central Birmingham, to start in September 2014.
Randstad Education is the UK market leader for education recruitment. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2,500 schools each week, we can find the right match for your skills.
You will be working with a pioneering group which is a flagship of the DfE Free Schools programme, and the first multi-academy free school trust in the UK. The Trust has opened two free schools in Birmingham (Primary in 2011 and Secondary in 2012).
We are looking for an innovative teacher who will work in close collaboration with the Trust, delivering exemplary lessons and aiding the pupils to reach their full potential.
The school nurtures pupils of all faiths and beliefs, with an ethos to create a selfless mind-set, to go beyond to help others, to create supportive communities and to realise our true potential.
The school is based in an excellent newly refurbished Grade II listed building, giving a very warm, light filled environment.
The successful candidate will be:
- an exemplary Class Teacher
- committed to and able to support the School ethos
- able promote high standards of attainment and behaviour
- inspirational, enthusiastic and highly motivated
- able to work as part of a team and take individual lead as appropriate
- able to inspire and appreciate creativity
- able to plan and prepare lessons appropriate to the class and individuals
- able to set and assess work to achieve individual progression and whole school improvement
- experienced in promoting the wellbeing of pupils, providing guidance and support
- able to communicate and consult with parents, and prepare reports
The school will offer you:
- a friendly and welcoming team
- hardworking and dedicated colleagues
- enthusiastic and diligent children
- supportive parents, carers and community
- a committed and fully involved governing body
- a well-resourced learning environment
- opportunities for professional development
We understand that every child is different so we carefully match our teachers with the schools and children to which they work with best.
You will encounter a diverse mix of pupils and ethnicities within this school. There is a range of languages, different ability levels, SEN, cultures and backgrounds.
Good behaviour management skills, a passion for teaching and a dynamic and flexible approach is a must for this position.
The closing date for applications is the 10th April and interviews will take place as soon as possible.
Interviews will be based around Randstad's Job School Child interview; we will endeavour to match our candidates and clients based on the job, the school and the child to create the perfect match for the role.
For more information on the vacancy, or to arrange an interview, please contact Rebecca Morgan on 0121 200 5910 or at