This job is no longer available
The Anaphylaxis Campaign is the only UK wide charity to exclusively meet the needs of the growing numbers of people at risk from severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) by providing information and support relating to foods and other triggers such as latex, drugs and insect stings.
Its aim is to create a safe environment for all people with allergies by educating the food industry, schools, pre-schools, colleges, health professionals and other key audiences. With a focus on medical facts, food labelling, risk reduction and allergen management.
Reach is working on behalf of The Anaphylaxis Campaign to appoint a Trustee who can provide considered guidance to the board on a broad spectrum of fundraising activities. As a strategic fundraising Trustee, you will be prepared to offer strategic input to the Corporate & Trust Fundraising and Community Fundraising departments.
The key duties to be carried out by the Trustee will include:
- To play a key role in developing the business plan that underlies any fundraising initiative
- Assess risks and protect the charity’s name and reputation. In addition,
- To adhere to legal obligations in relation to the financial affairs of the charity
- To ensure that the charity has invested sufficient resources in its fundraising capacity
- All fundraising meets the best practice criteria outlined within the Codes of Fundraising Practice
- Close attention is given to the recruitment and retention of fundraising staff, including a comprehensive annual appraisal system
- Keeping abreast of changes in external funding sources
- Realistic fundraising budgets and targets are set and met
- Maintain a balance between governance and management
- To liaise with local community groups and businesses to encourage their participation in our events
- Help the Executive team develop fundraising strategy including any relevant publicity material
The Anaphylaxis Campaign are looking for individuals with:
- The ability to provide strategic guidance to the Board and staff on a wide spectrum of fundraising activities
- An understanding of the challenges facing small to medium UK charities in maximising income streams & donor cultivation.
- Experience of diverse fundraising, including statutory funds, corporate and philanthropic giving would be valuable.
- The ability to think strategically and plan for the medium and long term, to focus on proportionate issues and bring an objective view to all board discussions
- Experience of the medical, clinical or academic health arena would be an advantage, as would experience in the food technology, manufacturing or retailing sector.
The successful applicant will be required to attend Board meetings, held approx. quarterly throughout the year, and a Trustees’ Strategy Day. Most of these meetings are held in London, one Board meeting is held in Farnborough, where the Campaign office is located. Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed.
All discussion regarding this opportunity should be through Reach in the first instance. If you would like learn more about the organisation and the role, please request a candidate pack from TrusteeWorks. Interested volunteers will be expected to provide a CV together with a covering letter outlining their interest in, and suitability to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.