Business Development Manager
Flight Centre Business Travel is seeking a Business Development Manager with experience in finding leads, winning accounts, and meeting sales targets. This full-time role (Monday - Friday; 9am - 5pm) is based in Cambridge.
Your primary responsibility will be to introduce new clients to Flight Centre Business Travel, a specialist division within our global travel company with expertise in business travel for clients who regularly fly internationally.
Once you've got a client onboard, you will work closely with two teams of experienced Travel Consultants who will deliver an exceptional travel management service. This team has extensive airfare expertise to source the best possible business travel options for your clients.
Knowledge of the travel industry will be a advantage, however your sales skills and ability to develop new business is the priority. Consequently, you will need a minimum of two years proven sales experience, with the ability to source and secure new business, while developing an impressive network of SME (approximately £100K - £2M) clients. Your portfolio will become your personal business, which means you have full ownership over your earning potential.
In addition to the two years sales experience, you'll ideally have an undergraduate degree and experience of travelling on at least two continents outside of Europe.
Why Join Our Team?
Flight Centre Business Travel offers a fantastic company culture with sociable, vibrant and travel-loving sales teams. You'll receive a guarantee of £25,000 for the first six months while you're growing your client portfolio and you'll receive 10%-12% of commission on all accounts won for a year. The average year one OTE is £35,000, however, with uncapped commission you can determine your earning potential; this ensures our top performers are among the highest earners in the industry and our top performer earned over £70,000 in their first year.
Flight Centre Business Travel is part of Flight Centre Limited, a AUD$14bn global travel company offering incredible career opportunities across 11 countries. Consequently, this is an ideal role for an individual wanting to be part of a growing specialist business in travel, while also benefitting from the prospects that arise with one of the world's largest travel companies.
In addition, you'll gain exclusive access to a huge range of benefits including:
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with worldwide opportunities
- Fast-track leadership programme to develop our future leaders
- Comprehensive induction, sales, product and leadership training
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house financial advisors
- Free health consultations, discounted fitness sessions and gym memberships
- Discounted physiotherapy, massage, reflexology, tax-free bikes and more…
- Opportunity to take a three month sabbatical after five years
- Featured in The Sunday Times "Top 100 Best Companies To Work For" for ten years
- Featured in the "Top Great Places to Work in UK and Europe 2013"
- Recipient of special awards for Leadership and Training and Development programmes