This job is no longer available
Bursar - North London
Randstad Education is the UK market leader. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent education jobs for nearly twenty years.
Are you an experienced and qualified finance professional looking for your next challenge?
If you would like to be part of this ambitious and highly successful school this could be the opportunity for you!
The Bursar will be responsible for all non-teaching related functions within the school and will report to the Headteacher. The successful candidate will be a finance specialist or accountant, experience in a school environment is highly desirable but not essential. You will have a range of management and communication skills and a proven background in a financial capacity.
- The Bursar is expected to function as a member of the Senior Leadership Team of the school, ensuring that the decision making is part of the shared process.
- Under the direction of the Headteacher, to implement the financial decisions of the Governing body and the Headteacher.
- To advise the Governing Body on financial policy, preparing appraisals for particular projects and proposals for the development of long term financial strategies.
- To prepare annual estimates of income and expenditure accounts, for both school and private funds liaising with auditors as required.
- You will also be required to manage the personnel in the school, estate management and all other duties as and when required by the Headteacher.
The school, the child…
- Outstanding, oversubscribed and highly regarded school.
- A particular strength of the school is the high level of commitment shown by the staff and the senior leadership team to maintaining high standards.
- Based in North London, very accessible to public transport.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a commited and successful team who are dedicated to ensuring that the pupils receive the best education possible.
If you have the relevant qualifications and experience for this role please contact me for a full job and person specification.