This job is no longer available
Behaviour Support Worker
To provide classroom based support with all aspects of learning and behaviour for individuals and small groups of children with Emotional, Social and Behavioural Difficulties, working under the guidance and direction of the class teacher.
To support the class teacher in the development and implementation of various strategies to facilitate learning and manage behaviour in line with individual pupils' needs and abilities.
- To establish a good working relationship with pupils, acting as a positive role model
- Encourage pupils to interact with others in a positive manner
- Promote self-esteem and independence
- To provide feedback to pupils and teachers in relation to progress and achievement
- Assist the teacher in the planning or work programs for individuals and groups of pupils.
- To keep accurate records of behavioural incidents
- To assist in the development and organisation of classroom resources and activities
- To communicate with parents/carers to advise them of progress, sanctions and Incidents
My client is a specialist Pupil Referral Unit (PRU) providing education for students who have been excluded from mainstream school due to their Behavioural, Emotional & Social Difficulties.
The students may be permanently or temporarily excluded from mainstream school and so may spend a period of weeks in the referral unit or a longer period.
The setting is co-educational providing support for both male and female pupils at Key Stage 3. Many of the students have additional learning needs and almost all are working at levels below the chronological average due to time absent from school or difficulties in engagement. Each student has an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and Individual Behaviour Plan (IBP)
It is essential that you have sound behaviour management skills and the ability to use a range of techniques to build rapport with students effectively. Team Teach training would be desirable however this can be provided free of charge to the successful candidate.
All appointments are subject to strict background checks including enhanced DBS disclosure and suitable references.