Head of Finance – TV Production
Working for the TV Production arm of an award winning International Media business, this is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant with extensive people management and Television/Production experience.
Reporting into the Finance Director, this role will fully manage the Production Finance team, managing a team of up to 15 people, reviewing the accounts and reporting/submitting to Head Office.
This business is responsible for producing some of the worlds most innovative programmes across a multitude of genres which are viewed by millions both within the UK and Internationally.
The role is initially for 15 months as is a maternity contract.
- Fully manage a team of up to 15 people including recruiting, training and development. These people include Production Accountants and Commercial Accountants;
- Allocate suitable production accounting resource to all commissions;
- Review and sign off all production budgets, ensuring appropriate recharges and margins are allowed for;
- Liaise with Heads of Production and Production Execs to ensure future requirements are anticipated and issues dealt with;
- Review all production cost reports;
- Monthly review of % of completion, accuracy of recognition and supervision of monthly close. Analysis and review of movements and overhead recharges;
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting policies;
- Responsible for authorising changes to the SAP Production Accounting system;
- Review development spend and confirm decisions to capitalise or expense;
- Ensure smooth and timely set up and close down of productions;
- Review accuracy of accounting for DVD, Interactive, Mobile, VOD and digital production;
- Assist with the half-year, interim and year end external audit and any internal audits;
- Ad hoc analysis and projects;
- Ensure SAP TB & Analysis and associated balance sheet breakdowns are prepared quarterly.
- Preferably fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) with 5 years PQE;
- Accounting experience gained within the TV/Production industry;
- Strong and proven people/team management experience;
- Production accounting experienced is preferred;
- Excellent working knowledge pf the industry and environment;
- Experience of SAP would be highly beneficial;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Strong analytical and process orientated mind;
- Strong background in accounting and audit, particularly UK GAAP & IFRS;
- Experience of initiating change, and improving processes;
- Possesses gravitas and can gain credibility with peers with ease;
- Strong stakeholder management experience.