Technical Director Of Process Safety
Are you experienced in Process Safety in engineering and interested in a new opportunity on a permanent basis?
Position: Technical Director of Process Safety
Location: Teeside or Leeds or Manchester
Salary: £60,000 - £75,000 based on experience
The Client I am working with offers process safety consulting services across Europe. In the UK and Ireland they provide a range of environmental and safety services including CoMAH support, risk assessments and DSEAR. The role will be to further develop a growing UK process safety capability to the existing UK client base and enhancing the company delivery capability.
The role will be to develop, expand, sell, manage and technically deliver the following services within the UK:
* CoMAH Safety Case Assessments (and supporting studies);
* Risk Analysis services:
o Preliminary Risk Assessment;
o Consequence Analysis;
o Detailed Risk Assessment (including Bow-tie and fault-tree analysis); and
o ALARP Justifications.
* Modelling incident scenario effects using software such as PHAST etc.;
* Accident / incident analysis;
* Emergency response planning; and
* ATEX and DSEAR services.
The focus is anticipated to be on CoMAH Safety Case support work initially and as the capability and team grows this will develop into other routine services, such as Hazop study support.
The objectives of the role are:
* To develop and establish a Process Safety and Risk Assessment capability in the UK & Ireland which complements our T&C Environmental Compliance / Permitting and Due Diligence products and client base;
* To engender a pan European Process Safety service, initially working closely with URS France;
* To meet key financial targets for the UK T&C Service Line;
* To increase the range of the client base and maintain the existing portfolio;
* To build on the culture of a fully integrated service offering.
The Successful candidate will have:
* A Degree and preferably a Higher Degree (MSc) in an engineering discipline (preferably Chemical Engineering).
* Significant experience in consultancy, regulatory engineering, Process Safety /Risk and Environmental or commercial business development environment, experience of working with CoMAH, Process Safety/Risk and EPR (IPPC) projects.
* Team working: Results oriented individual with the ability to lead and direct the efforts of service orientated teams, working with local and national teams;
* Leadership & Initiative: Able to identify market opportunities to grow the URS business in key service areas;
* Expert knowledge in CoMAH legislation, the preparationq of Safety Cases and general Process Safety/Risk processes
If you meet the above criteria and want to know more, please submit a copy of your CV including all relevent experience and qualifications.
To find out more about Huxley Engineering, please visit www.huxleyengineering.com