This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has emerged within one of Europe's leading IT companies. After heavy investment, they are seeking a number of Solutions Architects to help drive forward projects. If you are looking for a secure and stable career with longevity, recognition and opportunity for progression, then please read on and apply below.
Typically the Solution Architect will take the lead in complex bids, initiatives and projects, ensuring that all technical resources work efficiently within an agreed service or technical outcome. This can also take the form of QA or TDA across bids or customer engagements. The delivery elements could also encapsulate third parties i.e. clients and indeed fellow staff members.
You will also have the responsibility of consulting with customers on a predominately presales basis, with the objective of understanding their IT challenges and service requirements. Post sales architectural and implementation work will also be required.
There will also be an expectation to coach and present to other Solution Architect's, Technical staff and sales on key technology areas, delivering crucial messaging around the business.
They key requirements are -
- Specific experience of the EMC product set - VNX, Isilon amd Data Domain.
- You will be responsible for a number of domains, so will need to demonstrate a competency to handle the following -
- Data Centre Services, both Remote Services and the Facilities
- Microsoft Technologies, both for Data Centre and Desktop
- Virtualisation, both for the Data Centre and Desktop
- Collaboration / Messaging, using Microsoft technologies (MOSS, Exchange, OCS)
- Servers and / or Storage, using multi-vendor or single vendor technologies, including supporting and enabling technologies (e.g. Symantec, Quest, Quantum, Xsigo)
- Technology Consulting, around infrastructure direction and options. Includes knowledge of cost models and various deployment approaches
- Relevant industry experience is essential, for eg. Relevant areas of the Symantec portfolio and related accreditations are a must alongside the ability to creat and deliver technology solution proposals and presentations.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally are essential, as there will be an expectation to translate ideas and knowledge to staff i.e. presentations and workshops.
This is a very exciting opportunity to join one of Europe's IT leaders and could be the step forwards you have been looking to take in your career. It is the sort of opportunity that doesn't come along very often so, if you meet the above criteria and are seeking a new challenge that can reap many rewards, I encourage you to apply below or indeed call me on 0121 616 5700.