Turbine Engineer - The Role:
1. Ensure the Asset Integrity Team contribute to the HS&E culture of the CEOL fleet Power Assets by supporting the development and implementation of HS&E policy, processes plans and CDM systems.
2. Best practice, technologies and techniques:
- Maintain knowledge of advances in relevant technologies and techniques and evaluate their suitability;
- Recognise best practice and ensure it is adopted across the fleet where practicable;
- Identify and mitigate technical risks during single point of failure and plant status reviews and updates.
- Support strategic objectives, business targets and benchmarking.
3. Technical Support:
- Specialist technical support to maintenance outages, technical investigations, engineering changes and plant improvement plans;
- Due diligence for strategic acquisitions;
Assist the maintenance and update of accurate performance models for all stations and highlight deviations from design.
Turbine Engineer - The Person:
- HSE awareness and focus
- A degree in a numerate engineering discipline and be Chartered or working towards Chartered status
- Significant experience with Gas / Steam Turbines, ideally in a CCGT environment. Demonstrable theoretical understanding of turbo-machinery, combustion, thermodynamics, rotor dynamics and technologies
- Commercial acumen
- Possessing excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to think at conceptual levels
- Influencing skills
- Operational thinking and decision-making
- Customer focus
- Computer literacy (proficient in Excel, Thermoflow desirable)
- Listening Skills
Package: Competitive basic plus bonus & benefits.
Interviews slots are already arranged so for immediate consideration please send an updated CV to Natalie McEwen at Huxley Associates. Alternatively; please feel free to pass these details on to any friends or colleagues you feel may be suitable, we operate a "refer a friend scheme".