This job is no longer available
Our Client a European Bank based in London City URGENTLY requires a UNIX / Systems Administrator on a contractual basis.
Please note: We are looking for a contractor with very recent BAU experience. If you have been involved more on a project basis, you will not be considered for the role.
You need to have experience of supporting applications.
You do not need to come from a banking bak ground but definitely need to have corporate environment experience.
Join a global Unix Infrastructure Support Team providing a Sun Solaris and Linux SA level installation, maintenance and support function for all Unix platforms and related devices.
Key Job Duties:
- Contact person for all relevant areas of Solaris and Linux administration in compliance with published group standards
- Installation, administration and maintenance of complex Solaris- and Linux-based servers.
- Organisation and execution of problem resolution and Change requests (RFC/RFE).
- Integration with central monitoring and security systems.
- Integration with central system management and documentation systems.
- Perform repairs, replacements and maintenance as required
- Manage fault calls to conclusion escalating internally and externally as required
- Work with application specialists on system sizing and integration issues
- Assist other support teams with technical problems and resolutions as required
- Fully conversant with Sun Solaris and Linux installation, upgrades, administration
- Familiarity of security methodologies relating to heterogeneous platform installations (ie ssh, sudo, etc)
- Sound understanding of TCP/IP networking, client - server, network architectures, Firewalls, routing, switches etc
- Volume Management (Redhat LVM, Oracle Volume manager)
- Virtualization technologies (Redhat Enterprise Virtualisation, Oracle OVM, Solaris containers) with a view toward system optimisation
- Storage device installation and maintenance (fibre)
- Good understanding of Disaster Recovery concepts and high availability
- Extensive SA experience installing and maintaining Sun Solaris and Linux platforms
- Ability to configure and maintain server clusters (Sun/Redhat Cluster)
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Be able to produce clear documentation and diagrams for all systems
- Be able to work effectively as part of an international team
- High level of autonomy and flexibility
- Goal oriented, team-centric and communicative working habits
- Have a flexible approach to work
- Willingness to work on weekend / night
- Be able to operate calmly and effectively under pressure and in stressful situations
- Be available to travel to and work in other locations as required
- On-call availability outside normal hours
- Willingness to integrate into a complex environment