This job is no longer available
Generalist procurement manager who will be required to cover a broad range of categories of spend in a three year old procurement function within the UK banking business.
The client is an international specialist and asset manager group.
Key category experience of interest are:
* HR - Recruitment, Staff Benefits, Other
* Professional Services - Consultancy and Legal Services
Rate: £450-£500 per day
Length: 3 Months - More than likely to role into a 6 months contract
Start date: ASAP
Location: London - City
Key responsibilities will be to:
Deliver and apply best practise procurement, contract management, supplier management and stakeholder management skills and put these into practise across a dynamic and challenging environment.
Stakeholder management will be a key aspect and is therefore an important skill set in this role. Whilst a procurement policy and guidelines are in place, these are currently being updated in collaboration with wider risk functions and will require appropriate communication to educate and guide our customers through the appropriate processes to achieve best value for money and mitigate risk.
This role will also require a solid understanding of end to end category management practise and approach, savings delivery will be a key aspect of the role balancing that with the needs of our customers.
Experience of e-tools is desirable also as the Procurement team explores operational efficiencies available.
Technical Skills and Experience
* Best practise procurement methodology and principles
* Experience in end to end Category Management
* Exceptional people and stakeholder management skills
* CIPS qualified desirable but not mandatory.
* At least 7 years experience in procurement will however be a mandatory requirement
* The successful candidate must have a strong work and behavioural approach - team dynamics mixed with customer dynamics are high on our working approach
* The ability to deliver a procurement solution that meets the customer(s) needs and deadlines without compromising our procurement best practise policy
* Strong written skills; drafting reports, constructing working papers. Strong written skills are essential in communicating to a wide audience, clear, reasoned process needs to be of exhibited.
ESSENTIAL - STRONG STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT, HR, PROFESSIONAL SERVICES AND IT WOULD BE ADVANTAGEOUS TO HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE WITHIN THE FINANCIAL SERVICES.
PREFERENCE - PRIVATE SECTOR AS OPPOSED TO PUBLIC SECTOR.