This job is no longer available
A leading global financial solutions company, whose clients include top tier banks, broker-dealers, mutual funds, and corporations, is looking to hire a Technical Solutions Specialist (predominantly Linux, some windows) to play a key role in the management, on-going support and evolution of their solutions platform, data operations and related applications.
This is a very mixed role, requiring solid Unix/Linux systems knowledge (preferably solaris) as well as experience within application support. The specialist will work closely with clients, vendors, and various BR units, so the candidate needs to be able to effectively communicate requirements to other tech teams, vendors and blue chip financial clients and help support them on a day-to-day basis.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL as this is a consultative client facing-role
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors in a corporate setting
- Expert knowledge and experience of Unix / Linux Systems (preferably Solaris)
- Strong application/production support
- Business experience - knowledge of how applications work/what they do
- Perl / Bash / KSH / CSH scripting language experience
- Data Center Operations experience
- Experience working within financial services / large corporations
- Sybase / SQL - any further database experience is a plus
- General knowledge of Windows systems
- Network experience (not expert, but knowledgeable)
- Web Experience is an advantage: JBOSS, apache, tomcat, html, perl, Java app deployment
- A degree in Computer Sciences/Electronics and Communications/IT is highly desirable
This is multi-dimensional role with a broad range of technologies involved - the company does not expect the candidate to be an expert in all areas, but an expert in a couple and familiar with the others. This would suit someone who is looking to be in a highly technical, hands-on role where they can utilise their skill set in an innovative environment.