This job is no longer available
Project Manager - Birmingham - Oil & Gas - £40k to £45k
Project manager role profile:
A leading manufacturing business which supplies specialist products on a global scale to the Oil & Gas industry is looking to find a new Project Manager to join their team near Birmingham. Due to a period of extended growth there is a need for an experienced and ambitious Project Manager to provide additional support to the business.
The primary aim of the role is to ensure successful completion of up to 5 projects simultaniously (ranging from £50k to £3.5m) both from an internal viewpoint and from the client's perspective. You will be required to understand, interpret and manage internal / contractual projects. This will involve ensuring that the requirements of the role are clearly understood by the organisation, co-ordination of the company's activities to execute such projects and regularly update the status of project work that is undertaken. You will be responsible for the management of key relationships with customer, project team members, engineering, purchasing, internal sales and manufacturing departments.
The ideal candidate will have:
* An engineering / manufacturing background (Oil & Gas ideally although this is not imperative).
* 5 years experience in a similar role where they have managed multiple projects from £50k up to around £3.5m
* A Prince 2 qualification (ideally) or similar qualification with experience of managing multiple projects from order receipt through to completion whilst managing the customer interface effectively.
* Ability to communicate on all levels in order to manage all aspects of the project and collaborate with and influence engineering, purchasing, manufacturing and design teams (among others) throughout the process.
* Strong organisational skills and the ability think 'outside the box' to analyse and solve problems creatively.
* Energy, drive enthusiasm and commercial awareness.
Aside from the fact that this is a growing but already globally renowned business with a reputation for developing its staff and promoting from within, the role offers a generous remuneration package, including a starting salary of between £40k and £45k.
If this position could be of interest to you please apply for the role using the link below and by forwarding your most recent CV. I will call to discuss your background and technical suitability for the position in due course.