This job is no longer available
Data Warehouse Release Manager
3 Months contract - £Market Rate - Immediate
My client is looking for a data warehouse release manger to join a large scale data warehouse team. This position is initially for three months - with likely extension to follow based on performance review.
As the release manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the DWH process including co-ordinating the processes and procedure around the testing & release environment. You will also be responsible for submitting & co-ordinating changes & respective documents.
A key part of your role would be to manage weekend deployment and Go Live co-ordination between development & deployment teams - therefore flexibility for weekend work must be considered.
The ideal candidate must have the following skills & Experience;
- Significant experience working as a Release Manager within a very fast paced enterprise environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good understanding of development technologies
- Coordinate pre-implementation testing ensuring path to production is documented, tested and signed off
- Create and Publish Release Plans in conjunction with Technical teams & Management
- Chair Technical walk through of Release/Transition Plan and Go/No Go Meetings
- Coordinate Live Proving resources with application areas and business units
- Submit and coordinate changes and respective documentation
- Manage escalations for any issues during deployment
- Chair Post Release Review and feed 'lessons learned' into Release Cycle and technical areas as appropriate
- Present Changes to the change approval board
- Rational Tools an advantage
- Understanding Datastage/IIS, Cognos & Oracle an advantage
If you feel this position fits your criteria and is up for an exciting new opportunity, please apply & attach your most up to date C.V & I will be in touch shortly.
I'm looking forward to your application.
Location: London Duration: 3 Months Rate: Market Rate
Start Date: Immediate