This job is no longer available
Mechanical Design Engineer (Complex Assemblies / Concept Design)
- Warwick: Up to £42,000 + Bonus + Flexible Working Hours
- Are you a Mechanical Design Engineer?
- Do you have experience of designing high geometric tolerances / complex assemblies?
- Do you want to work on challenging and technically complex projects with a bespoke product base?
If so, then please see below.
Huxley Engineering and a global name in the design and manufacture of bespoke heavy automotive vehicles (Chassis, Cab & Handling Systems) are looking to recruit a Mechanical Design / Senior Design Engineer on a permanent basis, owing to succession planning within the business and also down to project workload for 2014 - 15.
Based near Coventry, my client is looking for Mechanical Design Engineers with experience of engineering design solutions in complex assemblies such as on / off highway vehicles, machinery design etc (as well as ideally possessing hydraulics experience) and the key areas of the Mechanical Design Engineer role will require candidates to:
- Be 3D CAD literate
- To work to industry engineering standards
- To be familiar with concept design and detailing
- To be familiar with design requirements for similar systems and components
- To an ability to work in a multitasking environment without supervision.
Previous Mechanical Design experience of truck / yellow goods or related product, metal forming and fabrication, driveline and chassis engineering is desirable and an understanding of geometric tolerance in mechanical components, as well as 3D Cad modelling, general arrangement and production drawings and DFM techniques are also required.
The Mechanical Design Engineers will ideally be at Degree level (BEng / BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent) and / or hold a HNC Engineering with relevant experience.
For the successful Mechanical Design Engineers, a salary up to £42,000 + benefits is on offer and this Mechanical Design Engineer role is commutable from Birmingham, Rugby, Coventry, Warwick, Banbury & Worcester.