This job is no longer available
A Senior Java Developer with strong skills in Core Java, multithreading, OO, Agile, latency, concurrency, and java performance is required by Global Financial Giant based in Central London to develop and Support their Algorithmic trading systems processing millions of transactions per day.
The role will require excellent understanding of software architecture, Java, understanding of component and application breakdown, using the full project lifecycle. Other desirable skills would include integration, performance tuning tools for Java socket based applications and experience working on an algorithmic trading platform.
Key aspects of the role will include:
* Designing software and web services that satisfy requirements, both business and architectural
* Implementing Java software to an agreed design and best practices
* Testing Java software to ensure a high degree of quality
* Maintaining Java software (implementing changes in accordance with new or amended requirements)
* Working closely with developers in other component teams to ensure efficient and consistent integration of services across teams
* Participating within the development community with the aim of promoting and improving software development
* Mentoring junior members and assistance with recruitment and selection
Previous experience of working on financial, banking systems, trading / exchange systems, payment systems, egaming, online betting systems, Sports betting, media systems, ecommerce, telecoms, high volume web system would be ideal for this role.
This is an outstanding chance to further you technical skills and career using a wide range of technologies working on mission critical java distributed systems for a world leading organization.
Please reply back with an up to date CV.